Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The flight home

Hello to my followers. 6:30 a.m. I woke up to my regular routine. Meds, bath, clothing, and then off to breakfast. I had my normal breakfast today, and planned to have one more infusion today for good measure. After breakfast I went to the nurses station to see Stephie. She said that they needed me to evacuate my room as the new guest was already there. Lucky for them I had already packed the day before. Since I wasn't going to be able to lay around my room, I asked dr.Weber if I may have a vitamin infusion as well. He said "no problem". So, 8:30 I'm getting ozone treatment and vitamin infusions along with one more dose of thaimis. I was trying to finish this book that chad let me borrow, but this new patient from San Jose was chatting my ear off the whole hour I layed there. I was up really late the night before reading this book. I couldn't put it down.
9:30 I went down to the lobby to read and kick my feet up. The problem was that there were only chairs, so I started to get really uncomfortable. I went to the nureses to see if I could lay down somewhere for a while. They let me lay on one of the infusion beds. I read for a good hour and a half. Daniella brought me a liver pack which I loved. I layed for another half hours reading. 11:45 I went to lunch and Chad and Lisa were waiting for me. I made a salad and Margaret brought me a soup and ratatouille. This was a good lunch to leave on. I said my goodbyes to Chad and Lisa. We will continue to be in touch when they get home. I said goodbye to Gunther, who reminded me to stay positive and keep a big smile on my face daily. I patted Liz on her back and reminded her to stay positive, she looked at me with a scowl. I wished her the best of luck. On my way out I saw Dr. Weber and his wife. I hugged them both and told them to keep my room warm for ill be back. They were both smiling ear to ear. I think he knows that he has givin me a real chance at beating this once and for all. He said to email in a couple weeks to let him know how I'm feeling and when I'm coming back.
12:45 Stephan is waiting for me in the car. We depart the clinic towards Munich. The ride was enjoyable with stephan. We talked about German traditions and soccer. We also talked about all the festivals that will be going on when I return. He said they are very nice and I should try to attend at least on for the Bavarian experience. All the chatting made the ride real quick. We got to the airport and Stephan parked and made sure. I got to the right place for ticketing. I said " see you soon"  and then he left. My mother in law, Sandra requested wheelchair service for me which was cool. I got right through all the customs, and security without having to wait. I also didn't have to walk the 1/2 mile to the terminal. This was very nice. I had about an hour to burn before the plane started boarding. I went to a little store and got a water they make you show them your passport and boarding pass to purchase water at this store. I said " this is kinda ridiculous huh?" The cashier was a bit rude. When I went to pay here one of the coins stuck to my hand and she thought that I dropped it purposely on the counter. I got the dirtiest look that I've gotten in a real long time. There was no explaining myself. She tossed my change on the counter and I smiled with a half chuckle and left.
The plane started boarding and I was getting anxious to get on and get flying.
I got a really good seat whith a wall infront of me. This gained me another foot of leg room. The passenger next to me was this huge German guy I was not looking forward to bumping elbows with him for the next twelve hours. When the plane was full, the flight attendant Did the normal blah, blah. We took off and I fell asleep. I guess i slept for an hour or so. When I woke up they were offering drinks and snack crackers. I pulled out that book and decided that I wasn't putting it down until it was done. I succeeded and finished this book. I've never been much f a reader but I am noticing now that I really enjoy it. The one bad thing about my seat was there were two couples with babies on either side of me. This was asking for disaster. I'm happy that I had headphones.i won't breakdown every hour of flight for two reasons. One is because I don't wanna write that much and two because it wasn't that eventful. We've all flown.
The big German was a lefty on my right so eating wasn't fun, he also was farting the whole time and that was annoying. The babies did cry. One of them off and on for hours. This wasn't fun either. Like I said though. I had earphones so I could zone out. I slept maybe three hours of the whole flight. The in flight meals were not that bad. My butt fell asleep and when we arrived in San Fran I was so happy to be home. I couldn't wait to get off the plane and get my bag so I could catch the airporter and get back to Petaluma. I made it through customs without any hassles and just missed the airporter by 5  minutes. This meant that I would have to wait another hour for the next one. Ohh well. I'm happy to  be home. 9:30 air porter arrives and I'm on my way. Get into town around 10:45 and my dad is waiting for me at the bus stop. He gave me a big welcome back hug and we got my bag and headed to my house. I walked into a well lit fully cleaned house. Megan was watching a movie awaiting my arrival. I gave her a big hug and a kiss and then assured her that I was in desperate need of a shower. I  unpacked my things, took a shower, and by this time I had been up basically for twenty four hours with some cat naps. I'm beat. So I hit the sack.
It's now 1:00 on Wednesday. I spent the whole morning with my kids. It's been real nice but also exhausting. I haven't been around this energy in a while so I think I'll need to ease back into it. Megan took them out for a while so I could rest.  I'll keep the blog running on a weekly basis until I return to Germany.  Everytime I post I'll send it to Facebook. Thanks for the support. I'm glad to be home. Stay tuned for updates. Love lucas

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the late response. I have been running around for two days "takin' care of business"!!! I am SO glad you are home safe & sound. I would like to offer to pick you up at the airport next trip so no need for the airporter...........REALLY!!! I will look forward to your weekly blog and I would also love to come see you if you are up for company. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete