Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day #19

6:30 today is beginning like any other day here at the Klinik. Morning routine. Get ready for breakfast. 7:00 I ordered three eggs scrambled, and made some toast. Discussed with Chad what time to leave for Munich. We were hoping to get on the ten o'clock train to rosenheim. I had a nine o'clock appointment so I went to see if I could start early. That wasn't a problem. 8:00 hyperthermia appointment. No vitamin injections today. I read my book and the treatment went pretty fast.
9:00 I went back to my room to wash up and get ready for the day at Munich. I got all my warm clothing on and went down stairs. Chad and Lisa were waiting for me in the lobby. They said that Dr. Weber wanted to give us a ride to the train station. When we got in his car, we knew why. He has a M5 BMW with all the bells and whistles. It's a pretty cool car. Fast too. He's such a funny man. Would never picture him in this car, but now that I think of it, I can't figure out what car I do picture him in! Weird!  10:11. Train to rosenheim. No problems. 10:30 train to Munich. No problem. We get off in Munich at the right station and for some reason we get right back on the train thinking we needed to get off at the next station. We were wrong. We ended up at the biggest station in Munich. Well with our luck this was bound to happen. We went straight to the information booth and asked them how to get back to the other station and then what train to connect us to where we were trying to get. He told us that we were a ten minute walk from marienplatz or we could wait for the train for a half hour. We walked. In the station there were rival soccer fan groups, chanting, and harassing each other. There was a big match in Munich today between Berlin and Munich. Berlin is the number one team so there were a lot of their fans in Munich. This could be trouble later.
We left the station and worked our way through huge crowds of pedestrians. There were. So many people on the streets, it was unreal. Street performers of all different talents were there. Tents selling fruit and veggies. Souvenir shops, it was crazy. Great people watching though. When we got to the town square, marienplatz. There was a big PETA type demonstration going on, lots of vegan, non animal eaters trying to sway the public. It was peaceful. I walked past. Chad really liked the hofbrauhaus that we ate at last time. We decided to get lunch there. The crowd there was no different. Very lively, beer, chanting, lots of toasts. Just a really fun atmosphere. I had a pork knuckle which had been recommended as a traditional Bavarian dish. It was so delicious. It also sat real heavy on my stomach. I won't eat it again. I payed for it during digestion. After lunch, we strolled the streets, looking in all the shops. Trying to find some gifts and whatnot. We decided that it would be better to start heading back to the train station sooner then later. We hit many shops on the way to the station.
When we got to the station, there were police everywhere. They had on protective gear. I was excited that I might witness a real soccer fan brawl. I walked slowly through the station incase something happened. Well of course nothing did happen. We caught our train and some fans were on it. They were pretty drunk but were in another cabin so it was all good. We got all the way back to brannenburg and it was 5:45. We decided to eat at the other Italian resturaunt in town. The food again was amazing. I had a salad, minestrone soup, and gnocchi.  We left dinner and went across the street for an ice cream. I got a scoop of lemon. So good. I cheated big today. Tomorrow I need to make up for it. We braved the cold walk to the Klinik and by the time we made it there we were all pretty much frozen. We said our goodnights and parted ways. I came straight to my room and couldn't climb in the bath quick enough. I must have soaked for a good hour. Well it's 10:00 here, and I'm beat. I hope that everyone has a great day today, and that you enjoy reading my blog. I'm off to bed. Thanks for the support. Love lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment