Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day #5

9:00 the phone is ringing! "Mista Broooooks, you come to breakfas?"  Oh crap I guess I overslept this morning. I think maybe its because once again I was up all night. But today that is all going to change. I went down and ate some corn flakes and had a cup of juice. Back to my room to get situated. 10:00 Dr. Weber came to see me and let me know that he wanted to give me extra vitamin infusions on the weekend. So I went with him and we did exactly that. After my infusions I went back to my room to check my email since the wifi crashed last night and I was cut off from the world! I decided that since today there was pretty much nothing going on that I would do my interview for the argus via email. The story will be in this next weeks paper sometime. I figured out that I can just keep a running blog instead of making a new page everyday so this is the first day on the running blog.
5:30 went to dinner and had mashed potatoes and boiled carrots. This is my new meal of choice as it is very easy on the stomach. I sat with Elizabeth and her mother who flew here to be with her from Wisconsin. She has a ton of questions regarding cancer being as she was just diagnosed three weeks ago. I try my hardest to answer all the questions that I can for her and ease her mind, she seems to be really worried. I know where she is coming from I just have had a lot more time for everything to set in. It is hard for me sometimes to try and explain how and why I handle things the way that I do, but it all makes perfect sense to me.
It is now 6:45 and I am retiring for the evening. I didn't nap at all today so I am planning on getting a full nights sleep. I will keep this blog running. Be patient with me as I try to figure out the best process for logging all my experiences. It's really cool to see how many people are reading my blogs daily. Thanks for all the love and support. Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment