Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day #10

6:30and I am up and already getting prepped for my big day, a transport to another clinic where they are going to take a look at my liver and decide whether or not to put in a shunt to help the toxins flow freely from my liver. 7:30down for breakfast where I had two soft boiled eggs and a roll with some fresh strawberry jam. Very yummy. I went back to my room after I ate and waited for my transport. 9:15 Steffi came in to let me know that Stephan was waiting for me to go. Grabbed my things and we got on the road. The whole trip to the new Klinik took just over an hour. The driver Stephan is a pretty quiet person. I had to spark up all the conversations with him, and it was really hard to keep him talking. His English was alright but I think he may have been a little shy or un-confident in his English. Either way the trip had nice scenery. I really like the landscape in the area of Germany I'm in. It's kinda spread out, ranch style scenery. Beautiful. 10:30we checked in at the kreisklinik in Ebersburg,Germany. This is a five story hospital. After checking in they were ready for me with a bed to get me ready for the procedure. They said that they were going to try and get me taken care of today but it might be hard. When they were asking all the normal questions and found out that I ate breakfast they said that I would have to wait until tomorrow. So I'm gonna camp out at the hospital tonight and get the procedure early in the morning. Then if all goes well I will be back at the other Klinik tomorrow night. Lets keep our fingers crossed. 
12:30 I got into my room and met my roommate. He is a young man in his mid twenties. His name is Stephan and he had a small surgery on his foot. He speaks really good English and as we were talking and I told him where I was from he said that he studied abroad in Santa Barbara last year. Small world. The hospital room doesn't have a wifi so he is letting me use his phone as a hotspot so I can inform everyone what's going on with me. 1:15 decided to take a walk into the town here and take a look around and also grab a bite to eat. Since I'm not having anything until tomorrow I need not sit in the room all day. It was really nice out today. Lots of people on the streets. I think that ice cream is a big thing around here because there are shops everywhere and there's always people walking with cones. I went to an Italian restaurant and the food, atmosphere,and service were all really nice. I had minestrone soup which was served without noodles and it was a clear broth. Very different but very tasty. I also had a pizza with a little cheese and sauce and a San pelegrino. After lunch I walked slowly back to the hospital just kinda enjoying the fresh air. When I got to my room, Stephan had a visitor. I asked if he needed some privacy. He did not. I thought that it would be a good time to start blogging my day. 3:00a nurse came in and said that I need to have an ultrasound. The dr.s wanted to make sure that they were going to be able to do the procedure tomorrow so I didn't waste a whole night here at the hospital. I love the treatment here. They are very thorough in everything and I'm not treated like a lab rat, but more like a lab prince!  I went back to my room and talked with my roommate and his mom until dinner was served and then we ate. The dinner was potato soup and some kind of a cream of wheat. It was really good for hospital food. We figured out the wifi situation and I have to sit in a stairwell to use it so I will only send my blogs but I won't be checking my Facebook as often until I'm back at the other Klinik. Thanks to all of you continued followers. Wish me luck tomorrow and I will post tomorrow night about my experiences again. Love from Germany. Lucas

1 comment:

  1. I felt bad that you had to stay the night because you had breakfast but in the big picture I know that it's only a gnat fart! It's amazing that your roommate had studied in Santa Barbara. One more person connecting you closer to home with some common ground to talk about. Love it!!! My prayer tonight is that everything goes perfect tomorrow and that your blog is full of good stuff! Sending more love from CA! xoxoxooxo

    ReplyDelete