Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day #6

8:00 up and on my way to breakfast. I ordered oatmeal for breakfast and the chef made me oatmeal with chicken broth or something like that. It was a little salty and had herbs in it. Kinda weird but surprisingly good. The two older women from Denmark wanted to know if I would accompany them on a walk in the afternoon, I agreed. 10:00 I have a hyperthermia appt. and need to get another dose of vitamins. This appt. went very well, I layed in the bed and read for an hour. After the appt. I went back to my room and read until lunch. I am reading " The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz. It is a very interesting read. I love the concepts of this author.  12:00 I went to lunch and decided to add some chicken to my potatoes and carrots. This was a good choice. 1:00 I went for a walk with one of  the Danish ladies to this church up on top of a rock quarry behind the Klinik. This is a very sacred place I believe because there are a lot of historical signs and statuary. There are caves where religious people lived. It's a very cool place to see. I will go up there again this week and take some pictures to post to the blog.
2:30 when I got back from this walk, Elizabeth from Sweden wanted to know if I would walk with her into town, I said "sure". We walked for almost an hour the whole time I kept reassuring her not to worry so much about her diagnosis that she is not benefiting from all the future tripping. I have a feeling that every conversation with her will be like this. Anyways, stay positive! Right?  We got this!! I went to my room to regroup before dinner. 5:30 dinner is nice, I had the same as I did for lunch. The new couple who came in this afternoon are from Woodland,CA. This is what I'm talking about! People from my neck of the woods. Chad, a stucco contractor has been battling throat and prostate cancer. He is in great spirits, has a small tumor in his neck and just wants to get rid of it. His wife Lisa seems like a really nice lady and a great support. We sat and talked with Elizabeth and her mom until the hostess kicked us out of the dining area. All in all I would say that today was a good one. Got out for some exercise finally. Got some sun. Hopefully will sleep well tonight. Hope you all enjoyed. Tune in tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing young man; a beacon of light for all of us. I am so blessed, and always have been, by your presence in my life. I would sure love to hug you when you get home!!

    ReplyDelete