Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day #12

Woke up this morning at 8:45 and was in a quick panic that I completely missed breakfast. I ran down to the dining area and there were still people eating so I was in luck. I ordered my usual soft boiled eggs and oatmeal. Delicious! I sat and talked with a German man named Gunther. We talked about my procedure and he said that I am looking a lot better today then I have all week. This was very pleasing to hear. He said he was concerned when he didn't see me there for the last day and a half. We talked about the difference in western medicine practices and the German practices. I told him that I believe (and I really do) that if I had got yellow (jaundice) in the states that the dr.s would not had tried to do this procedure. I feel that they would have told me that its probably time to start thinking about getting things in order! I am really glad that I got here when I did because Dr. Weber wants to see me live and is doing and exploring all possibilities to aid me in my fight. They did this procedure because it is still possible to help me, in the US the Dr.s are so controlled that they are unable to help their patients even if they truly want to. This is a sad truth but unfortunately it is just that. I believe that my Dr. Has done a lot for me and has tried to aid my fight and explore all the options that he is " allowed" to offer me. We will see when I get home what they are willing to do for me. I'll need this shunt replaced in twelve weeks and if they won't do it in the US then I will have to come back here for the procedure. This will be the true test of how far our own medical Dr.s will go for us!!10:30 I went to get my shots for the day and have my magnetic field treatment. Chad was sitting there getting his magnetic field so we talked for about fifteen minutes. He said that he had dinner with "the downer" last night and was amazed at how much doubt she still has in this process. I shook my head and said that I honestly believe she will not get better here until she lets go and accepts the treatment. We talked about the trip up the mountain they all took yesterday. I didn't let out that I was kinda sad that I was unable to join them. They had a good time though so I was happy for that! 11:15 I have an appointment for the hyperthermia treatment. I layed on the bed and got all set up for this hour long treatment. During the week it seems like it goes much smoother because I get my infusions while I do this so there is more interaction with the nurses. I'm noticing that I really love attention! Whatever, it makes me happy and I have every right to be happy! Anyways. I read my book "The four agreements" ( which I just started over). I really like this book and want to completely grasp all the concepts.
12:15 down to lunch where I ate a huge salad, chicken, rice, carrots and today I had a little dessert. It was all delicious. 1:00 went to my room to work on my blog for a while and just have a little relaxing time.2:00 decided to go down for tea and cake minus the cake. The couple from Phoenix was down there and we sat and talked for a while. The conversation was based around alternative treatments options in the states and what they have found. I like discussing these topics as long as it doesn't turn into a " poor me" pity party. We know what we're dealing with, lets move past it. This convo never got there so I'd say it was a good talk. 3:30 I decided to take a walk up the hill behind the klinic where there were people rock climbing the cliffs. This was really cool to see so I just sat for a while and watched them do their thing. These guys and girls made it look so easy but I'm positive that I wouldn't have made it a quarter of the way up the cliff that they were taking to the top. It did trigger my interest though. I continued my walk up to the church and beyond on a little trail that ended at a bench where I again sat and enjoyed the scenery. I sat until about4:30 then decided to walk back to the klinik to get ready for dinner. No FaceTime with the family tonight. They are in Tahoe with minimal service. 5:30 went to dinner and there is another new face. Another guy from California. He sits right next to me so my table is now a bit crowded. I quite possibly will be relocating my seating arrangement tomorrow. Dinner was good. I rented the movie " forks over knives" so I wanted to get back to my room and watch it. I will let you know my thoughts on the movie tomorrow. I hope you all have a great day. Stay tuned for my next blog. Love lucas

1 comment:

  1. Forks over knives will change your whole perspective on the food industry!!! Let me know how you like it....I loved it..and definitely want to change my meat eating ways because of the information...I told Jared to see if you would watch it because of the amazing info it gives on meat and cell production!Keep kicking ass...were rooting and praying for you! Love J and B

    ReplyDelete