Saturday, March 30, 2013

Life back in the P.

Hello everyone. It has been a little while since I have let everyone in on what's going on with me. Where to start? I arrived home and was extremely happy to see my children. They are my world and the only thing that I have worth fighting for. I had some major jetlag after being home for a day. All the overstimulation of children was starting to get to me. I needed to have some quiet time and try to get myself back on schedule. This is really hard to achieve with kids, dogs, wife, etc.  I slept for a while and I kept getting these horrific pains in my ribs and shoulders. This was forcing me to spend a lot of Time in the bathtub. Lets just say that "pain changes people". I became a real "joy" to be around. I narrowed it down to two factors. One I was in a lot of pain physically, mentally, and emotionally. And two I was not happy with my home life.
Friday morning I had to make a decision and I chose to grab a few of my belongings and go stay with my mom. As a thirty year old who has lived independently from his parents for almost a decade, it is really hard and different to live with your parent. If I wasn't going to try and go back to Germany so soon I would find myself a permanent residence to maintain that independence. Ok so that's that. I'm trying to make this life work for the time being.
Saturday morning I went to a birthday party for my friend Kevin and we shot skeet at a shooting range for a good five hours. Lots of my friends from high school were there. It was alot of fun. We continued the party that evening at his dads house. I brought the kids and there were lots of kids there. We all had a blast. Literally! Sunday we went to the park with my good friend Leon and his family, another friend Brian and his family, and Kevin joined us as well. We played hard for a couple hours and then went to dempseys for lunch. We then went and spent a good portion of the afternoon with Leon and fam. We had a great day. I was introduced to the really great vitamins that I have been taking daily since and I'm feeling amazing. They aren't a total gut bomb like most vitamins are.
Monday morning I woke up and got the children ready for school. I took them into town and dropped them off. I was not going to see them until tuesday. I took advantage of this day to catch up on some needed rest and some misc. things.
Tuesday I got to go see Camille in gymnastics. She is a natural. Watching her is so cool because she is so strong and really enjoys herself. I'm hoping that she will continue to hold a strong interest in gymnastic. I really feel that children need extra curricular activities otherwise they just run rampant in the house, or become couch potatoes. Yuck. After gymnastics we went to sushi with Grammy. That was a nice meal. Camille is my good eater. We went back to my moms house after and we played on the property for a while. I had to go and pick up Liam so he could go to tae Kwon do. This was fun for me to watch also. Liam however is different when it comes to the extracurricular activities. He is a little lazy, and loses focus or get distracted. This is frustrating for me because I was a focused person when it came to sports and things like that when I was his age. He is extremely smart though so I just have to accept the fact that "extracurricular" may not be physical for him. It might be mental. I will support him in whatever path he chooses. Ok anyways. We had fun with that and then we went to Leon's for a couple hours.
Wednesday we got up and off to school. I wouldn't see them again until Friday. I used Wednesday to get myself a storage unit where I could start putting some of my belongings. I am a master packer though. I put so much stuff in this little 6x8 unit. And I have a ton of room still. I spent a good portion of this day handling misc. things. I got a lot achieved. My dad and I picked up Liam from school and took him to the park for an hour before we took him to gymnastics. We had a really Funtime with just the boys. Gymnastics was fun for Liam. I think he likes it. He was getting a bit sore in his arms though. After gymnastics we dropped him at home and then I went back to my moms for the evening. Thursday wasn't super exciting. I did have dinner with a buddy of mine. That was fun. We talked for a couple hours. It's nice having my supportive friends close right now.
Friday. My dad, Leon, Kevin, and myself all went to the shooting range again. We had a good time. A lot of laughter, joking, reminiscing. All the good stuff in life. Leon and Kevin have been my friends for a really long time. I lost touch with them for 8 years and I feel really blessed that they are both back in my life. I also got to spend time with my buddy nick earlier in the week. We had dinner in Sonoma and met up with a friend from work. We had a great time as well. I enjoy time with nick.   Friday night was spent at Leon and Ashley's house. We did Easter egg coloring and all the kids had fun. We had pizza, there were close to thirty guests children included.
This morning has been lazy, we had a birthday party at kids party central at eleven. I brought Liam and figured out there was wifi and I could use this time to check in and post my blog. I have been kinda without Internet so it has been hard to be daily plus with all that's going on I need to find my groove. I have been feeling a bit better being home. I'm looking forward to going back and getting better. I will miss the time with my kids but it is a blip on the radar of life for me to kick this disease once and for all. Sorry it took so long to get this written. I know you have all been patiently waiting. That's for the support. Love Lucas

1 comment:

  1. I will continue to pray for you and your children. They are the best things in our lives and I as so glad you are feeling somewhat better. Get back to Germany and kick this disease quickly. Best of luck to you.
    Betty Dixon

    ReplyDelete