Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day #13

7:00 woke up to get my daily routine started. I was really hungry so I went directly to breakfast. At breakfast I ordered three scrambled eggs and cereal and toast and a big glass of orange juice. You could argue that I am feeling excellent today. My pain as well is no as noticeable so I think that this procedure was really a good thing after all. Not to mention that the yellow in my eyes is almost completely gone!! At breakfast we all talked of heading into Munich today by train and taking a walk around the big city. 8:00 chad, Ron and I all went upto the nurses area to bombard her with our treatments for the day so that we could catch a train as early as possible. By 9:30we were all done with our treatments and getting ourselves situated to walk to the train station. (20 minutes away). Got to the train station at 9:50and the next train to rosenheim was at 10:11 We got our tickets to rosenheim and waited. The train arrived right on time and in ten minutes we were at the train station in rosenheim. 
At this train station we had to purchase another ticket to Munich and asked for help. The information booth helped us get a five person all day all track ticket for 38 euros total. This made our day a lot easier because we can hop all the tracks and go wherever we would like. Thank god for information desks. So we jumped a train to Munich. This train took about twenty five minutes or so. When we got to the station in Munich we needed. To make one more transfer to get to marinplatz which is Like the town center. We make our way to this train and it takes about eight minutes to get to the station in marinplatz. We have arrived at our destination. 
We walk out of the subway system into the center of what would be like union square in the city. Lots of people, pigeons, and street performers. The architecture is amazing, the building that I first noticed had these awesome gargoyles and statues and what have you. It was amazing. I took lots of pics. I'll try to post them on Facebook. We were all hungry so we went to the hofbrauhaus which is like the "hard-rock cafe" of Germany I think. There were lots of people flowing in and out of this place and a gift shop at the entrance. I would have bought something there but they were all really cheaply made things. The food was good but the atmosphere made it worth the visit. They had a band playing traditional music. Every person had an oversized mug of beer and they all chanted and pounded on tables. I loved it. We ate our food slowly, took in the experience, then hit the streets.  
Back on the streets now and it's about 1:30. We walked around hoping to find a shop open but there was no luck. Only coffee, food, and beer on Sunday in Germany. We walked around, taking in all we could and ended up back at the town square.  We watched street performers for a while. This one guy was killing it on the accordion. I've never heard it played like this, had to tip. I got talked into trying a lemon sorbet, so twist my arm I had one and it was great too!  We slowly made our way to the train to start our journey back to the Klinik. The train rides were pretty uneventful except in rosenheim I stopped and got Marlene who is Elizabeth's mom, some sweet German cake slices. She is into her sweets and I thought it would be a good gesture. I spent like fifteen euros on cake. Ohh well. Good cause!  Fast forward!! Back at the Klinik now and it's just after 5:00. Get a text from Jamaica and she says that she is able to FaceTime so I take her up on that offer. We chatted for a good twenty five minutes. It was really nice to see and speak with her. I enjoyed it very much but it was cut short by the nurse who stormed in to let me know it was dinner! Sheesh!  Said goodbyes to her And Grayson and went to dinner.  
Dinner had the best creamy asparagus soups ever! I had two servings and then my usual chicken and taters. Yum. I gave Marlene her cake but Elizabeth made her feel so uncomfortable that I don't think she really could have enjoyed it. Anyways. Everyone left the dining area and Chad,Lisa,the new guy John, and myself stayed after and talked for an hour and a half about all our separate journeys and how we ended up here. The nice thing was that chad and myself have a very similar story even though its very different. We both experienced a lot of the same emotion around the disease. John is newly diagnosed so he is also taking this in but he has a more open mind then Elizabeth so it makes it easier to talk to him. I really enjoyed this whole day. A lot of self growth time i think. I am looking forward to the next week of treatments and what this amazing Klinik still has to offer me. For those who didn't see me before I left, I look and feel one hundred percent better. And since the procedure my color is back and my eyes are almost completely white again. I love it here. Can't say enough good about my experience medically. Thanks for the support. Love to you all. Stay tuned. Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment