Monday, March 18, 2013

Day#21

6:30. Last day of treatment in Germany. Wake up Luke! Lets get this day started I tell myself as I slide into the bathtub for my morning soak. It feels so good to arise from a warm bed and slip into a hot bath. 7:15 I go down to breakfast for my normal eggs and toast. Today I decided to go soft boiled though. This was a great choice. I am just feeling great today all around maybe it's because of the long FaceTime that I had with Megan and the kids last night before bed. I'm really excited to see them. 8:00 I went upstairs for a hyperthermia treatment, ozone blood infusion, and vitamins. Chad gave me a book to read. It's a murder mystery that took place in southern Oregon. He couldn't put it down and said that I would probably enjoy it. He was right. I couldn't put it down either. The hyperthermia went pretty fast due to the reading.
9:10 I had a second detox foot bath. The water was just as gross as the first time. I have a lot of toxins still in me, but in due time they will be gone. This foot bath takes 30 minutes and then the nurse rubs your feet with lotion. It's nice. After this treatment I had my magnetic field treatment. This was another twenty minutes and then my day was done. 9:50 I'm back in my room and I decide to start packing my bag to make sure that I can fit everything that I brought/bought! This process took me a good hour of situating but I think I got it. 11:00 liver hot pack time. Ohhh, I love laying with a hot pack and surfing the web. I'm having so many ideas for little projects when I return, even though I should just take it easy I'm feeling so good that I feel like I can take on the world again.
12:00 I went down to lunch. There's a new couple from Australia here. The husband Phil has the same cancer story that I have. We exchanged our experiences and I kept telling them that I am staying positive and not dwelling on the past. This makes it easier for me not to get sucked into the pity party conversations. We're moving forward here, not dwelling. EFF-CANCER. I ate salad, creamy soup, and deer with a stuffing type side. It was really yum. Dessert was a lemon sorbet cake. So good. I went back up to my room and thought about taking a walk into town one last time. My room phone rang and the secretary asked me to go to the ultrasound. I went to ultrasound and we looked at my liver and this other growth I have. The Dr. Was really excited everytime she measured the tumors because they are all shrinking. She also said that my liver function was looking much better as well. This was a huge relief for me. She said to go to my room and wait for Dr.Weber. I went back to my room and Dr. Weber came and got me about an hour later. We went to his office to talk about the ultrasound and the tumor markers and all my blood work from last Friday. He informed me that because of how bad of shape my liver wain when I got here that we did not see a huge difference in the treatment, but the last two bloodtests and the ultrasound show that I am responding well to the treatment and medications. I have very little pain now and my liver function is almost perfect. My tumor markers are still dropping. There's no other cancers in my body. My jaundice is gone. I informed him that I wanted to come back soon and he said to give him a date to get me from the airport and I can come for as long as I want. He believes that I am more then stable enough to come home for a while and maintain with the meds that he's sending me with. My plan is to come home for 6-8 weeks and then return until I'm all good. He agrees that it would be good for me to take a break from the vitamins and ozone for a little while.
I got back to my room and thought about taking that walk but when I looked outside, it was raining. So I layed back with that book of chads and got lost in it for an hour and a half. I pulled my eyes away to check the time and noticed that is was close to dinner. So I walked down and prepared my fruit salad for later. The waitress brought me a big bowl of soup, and the main course was bruschetta. I had two big servings. It was good and I was hungry. I sat and talked to the Aussies for a while after dinner and then I came back to my room. I face timed Megan for a few minutes and then decided to let you all in on my day. It's eight o'clock now and I'm just finishing up the blog. Today was a great day. No complaints. I'll be back on us soil tomorrow night. I'm excited for that. I hope that everyone enjoys the blog today. Tomorrows will hit late if I do it at all. Thanks again and again for all the love and support. You all rock. My warriors. Love you. Lucas

3 comments:

  1. I'm really happy to hear about the excellent treatment you are getting over there! It seems like they have been doing some really cool things for you. Thank you so much for writing these blogs, it's really nice to read about your positivity. California will welcome you back with gorgeous sunny weather, hopefully!!!

    Yay, Lucas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucas, How exciting that you've made such great progress in the last three weeks! It sounds like your medical team in Germany was the finest and that you'll be able to continue to work with them. All this is GREAT news for you and your family! Safe travels, minimal jet lag, and a joyous reunion with those you love in California!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praising God for all the success you have had in Germany! I am praying for you, safe travel and a joyful reunion with your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete