Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day #15

6:30 alarm going off. Another beautiful day in brannenburg, Germany. The sun is no where to be found. I get up to do me daily routine. 7:15 I report for breakfast. I'm noticing that I am a creature of habit. I like things a certain way, and if they get disrupted, it really effects me. This is something that I'm going to have to work on. So, one of the chefs makes great eggs, and oat meal. The other one not so much. The oatmeal and eggs are always watery. I eat them but I'm not satisfied. I can cook too so I want to go in the kitchen and do it myself sometimes. My first appointment was at 8:30 with markus to have my feet worked on. He noticed during the session that my liver felt much better to him through my feet. This was interesting to me. He could tell through my foot that my internal organ was in better shape. Fascinating, yeah?  As I walked downstairs I ran into Dr. Weber. He said that my blood work was back and before he could say anything else I blurted out "and everything is perfect, I know". He looked at me like I was crazy! Then he asked "how do you know this? Did you see the papers?" I said " No Dr. Weber, I just know that everything is working! Look at me!"  He smiled and agreed that I do look good. Then he had to run. "We talk later, bye".
9:00. During my appointment with markus my side was a little painful so I went to get a pain shot, and my other daily shots. I returned to my room and wanted to soak in a hot bath. I had an hour before my next appointment so I did just that. I read "The Four Agreements" while I soaked. Re-reading for clarity. I stayed in the tub for forty five minutes. When I got out I felt great. Ready for my appointment. 10:10 hyperthermia. I layed out and read my book for this boring treatment. I'm happy that this treatment is working though. I almost finished the book during my treatment. 11:15 I went to my room for the liver hot pack before lunch. I finished the book. 2nd time!  11:50 I went down to lunch so I could get at the salad before it got ravaged by all the guests. I don't know what it is about salad bars, but people cannot make a huge mess out of them. It's like turning toddlers loose on play-doh! It's getting everywhere!  So I like first dibs if possible. I made a nice sized salad to eat and had a soup and they served fish. It was a little fishy flavored but not horrible. Everyone was eating so I saw this as a good opportunity to finish my treatments. I went up for magnetic field. I sat alone for ten minutes. Then some lady came in to have this treatment. I think she was an outpatient. Not even sure if she was getting cancer treatment. She didn't speak a lick of English so we sat quietly. I continued to read and she whipped out her cell phone. Her buttons had a tone. Fricken everytime she pushed a button it was followed by a beep! Arg! Someone shoot me! That is the number one most annoying thing on my list. Unless you are blind, you don't need button tones, or keyboard clicks. I sat patiently waiting for my treatment to end and then went back to my room.
Now I'm not sure why, but when I came back to my room I was suddenly very tired. I layed on the couch and watched some billiard s on the t.v.  I fell asleep. I woke up at half past four!  4:30 "knock, knock hello". Dr. Weber comes bearing good news I suspect. We sit. He tells me that all of my levels are down!  My bilirubin which was at 11 on Thursday is down to a 3.5. My liver function is still a little high but I'm filtering a lot of toxins. This is expected. He gave me a list of number so I'm gonna give you all rounded figures, but know that every number is an improvement. My CEA which is a tumor marker went from high 6's (6.8-6.7) to about 4.5. The tumor mass indicator dropped about 150 points or so. Everything else is dropping or improving by 100-250 pts all the way across the board. I am so excited for this news today. I knew I was getting better but this far exceeded the news that I thought I would get. I'm on cloud nine. I owe so much of my recovery to all of you! My followers, my warriors, my friends, my family! Without all of you. I would have a hard time staying motivated. Now I'm in hyperdrive to full remission. Theres no stopping me now. I'm stoked.   5:30 I went down to dinner and ate with the group. I told chad and Lisa about my results and they were thrilled. It was nice to share this with someone other then a Dr.  Even though Dr. Weber is more a friend. The food was all really good. Chad asked me how to FaceTime his daughter so I helped him figure it out. On my way out I caught Marlene (Liz's mom) and was able to let her know that the cake was a kind gesture and that I hoped I didn't offend her. She said she never was and that was a relief. We talked for about ten minutes and I let her know my news too. She said that she had a feeling because I look so much better. All encouraging. I said goodnight to the group so I could return and finish this blog for you all. I have really been enjoying keeping you all updated but I feel like this is the one that has the best news by far. Germans know a thing or two about cancer. I'm a firm believer. I played around with some poetry today. Trying to tap those creative roots. Might shoot one out here and there in the future blogs. Thanks for the continued support and comments. Love to you all. Straight outta Germany. Lucas

4 comments:

  1. Lucas! All sounds really encouraging! You're doing great. I'm really glad you've been able to concentrate on healing while in Germany!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great to hear!

    And awesome you're reading "The Four Agreements"... it's one of my favorite books.

    I recommend Kihal Gibran's "The Prophet" I think you would like it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay! I sat down for "my Lucas time" by myself in the living room. I read slowly and appreciatively. When I got to the visit with Dr. Weber, tears started flowing down my cheeks. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS OF THE YEAR SO FAR AND I WANT MORE!!!! I am hugging you right now Lucas (aka Lukie!) with everything I have. I am SO freakin' proud of you and happy for you!!!! Keep up the good work and we will all keep doing our job out here for you!!!! You are so loved!!!! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete